HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

November 26, 2005

The "Pot and Kettle" accusations

Iran's hard-line president called for the Bush administration to be tried on war crimes charges related to Iraq and denounced the West for its stance on Iran's controversial nuclear programme, state-run television reported today. "You, who have used nuclear weapons against innocent people, who have used uranium ordnance in Iraq should be tried as war criminals in courts," Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said in an apparent reference to the US.

I can't agree more with the above but, there is one big problem here; It is coming from wrong person. On the other hand, I can't agree more with the US officials when they accuse the Iranian regime of violating human rights but, that too is coming from wrong people.

Looks like it has become fashionable that killers, torturers and abusers of human rights accuse each other of the same crimes. While what they say about the other side might well be true, they do not have the moral authority to make those accusations. After all, how could they be against killing when they themselves are killers, or how could they talk of human rights while they themselves are clearly violating human rights! The current US and Iran administrations have something clearly in common: They are both accusing the other of being what they themselves are. And the real victims are those people who have nothing to do with these gangs, but are sandwiched between them.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs