HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

November 09, 2005

The most Intelligent? May be not!

I was listening to a piece of Persian traditional song and music. While I was truly enjoying the music, I could not resist my anger at the lyrics.

Like in many other cultures and languages, many Iranian traditional songs are full of hopes and wishes. Hopes and wishes for peace and prosperity for the human kind. Hopes and wishes for love to become the determining element in every aspect of the relations between people. Hopes and wishes for a better life for everyone. Well, not only there is nothing wrong with having such thoughts and wishes, but it is also absolutely noble and precious but,...but, why asking "god" to turn those wishes to reality? They say human is the most intelligent creature. But are we? How could we be so intelligent when we keep doing the same thing and we keep failing in getting the result? As far as it is known, human has always prayed to god, human has always asked god to help; to do something to end the miseries. But we have also always experienced that our prayers get to nowhere, as the misery has always continued in one way or another. But yet, we keep doing the same stupid thing again and again, and we keep failing again and again, but we never learn so this cycle never ends and it continues despite its clear and proven emptiness.

Wars have continued, genocides have continued, poverty has continued, 27000 children die from starvation every day, earthquakes kill people in thousands. One misery ends, the other begins. Only recently, 73,000 people died in an earthquake in Pakistan. It is said that tens of thousands of people will freeze to death if they do not receive help within next few weeks,... but we still just pray. What's wrong with us? Why do we not learn? Why do we let to be humiliated so much by our own stupidity? Why pray while we can do real things? We have to believe in our own power, instead of relying on the proxy powers of who knows who.

I'm sorry for being so blunt. But that's how I feel right now, and I just wanted to reflect my feeling exactly the way it is.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs