HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

April 19, 2004

American marine "ashamed" of Iraq experience

Ever since his return home last April, U.S. Marine Jimmy Massey has had a hard time sleeping, feeling "ashamed" of involvement in killing no less than 30 Iraqi civilians during his one-month mission.
Massey quit on April 18, 2003 – nine days after U.S.-led occupation forces rolled into Baghdad, after a 12-year service in the army.
He could not forget impassioned pleas of one Baghdad resident after he and his colleagues manning a checkpoint killed three other passengers in his car.
"Why did you kill my brother. We did not do any thing," Massy remembered the man screaming despite his injuries.
Read the rest here.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs