HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

August 29, 2004

What about thousands of un-known "Gordon"s?

The righteous rage that powers Rose Gentle these days visibly drains from her face when she enters her late son's bedroom.
The room isn't much bigger than a walk-in closet, and her son Gordon's coffin filled much of it when his body was brought back from Iraq last month. He was 19 years old....

...With a mixture of Glaswegian working-class hard talk and a mother's grief, Gentle has become the vocal symbol of latent anti-war feeling in Britain.

The mother is rightfully outraged. The son has a name. The name is known; Gordon Gentle. Everybody is learning about this loss of life of a young man and his unfulfilled dreams. Everybody is saddened for him and for his mother..... . But, there are aslo thousands of Iraqi "Rose Gentle"s with their own lonely grieves and devastations. There were also thousands of Iraqi "Gordon"s who lost their lives. Sadly, we will not even know their names; they will remain only as numbers and no more.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs